8.11.2010

wish list

two weeks from today i will turn twenty-one. and everybody knows that when a birthday is coming, a wish list is to be made. so i've started making such a list, of gifts i'd like to get in honor of my special day.

a macbook
[i know i already have one, but it's been acting funny lately. it won't download software or read discs. plus, they say it's normal to get a new computer every three years anyways, and i'm just a few months short of that. is it completely and utterly neccesary for me to get a replacement? probably not. but it's my birthday and i'm dreaming big.]

ipod speakers
[i don't have anything to play music from other than my computer, and let's face it--computer speakers stink. i think it would be nice to be able to listen to some decent-sounding music around my new apartment while cooking in my new kitchen or tidying up my new living room. also, how strange is the word "speakers"? say it a couple times outloud. think about it. it's strange.]

friends: the complete series
[i watched friends for the first time this past year in the dorms and fell head-over-heels in love. in six months i watched nearly every single episode of all ten seasons. ask my roommate, claudia, and she can vouch that i was obsessed. nix that, i am obsessed. and would love nothing more than to own my new favorite t.v. series on d.v.d.]

chanel chance: eau tendre[i'm not a big perfume person, especially designer fragrances. that is, i wasn't, until i smelled this particular perfume. it is lovliness in a bottle.]
a tea kettle[no, not a tea pot. a tea kettle. you know, the kind that's put on the stove and whitsles when it's ready. i love tea and i love cute things. so what could be better than a cute thing that makes tea? my friend jess gave me the idea to put this on my birthday list. thanks jess, you know me so well! *and like she said in the comments, she tap-taps this one.]

salt & pepper shakers
[unlike most things on the list, this is something i need. there are plenty of cute ones on etsy.com, but i happen to like these ones the most. oh, and these little acorn ones are pretty adorable too.]

slumdog millionaire[i love this movie; it's in my top-five, for sure. it's a shame, really, that i don't already own it. but i'm not one to buy movies unless their on the $5 rack at target.]

etc.
[i'll be posting more things as i think of them.]

2 comments:

  1. whoa there, i have dibs on the tea kettle.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am OBSESSED with the newest Chanel fragrance. Seriously, it's amazing. It smells like apples. And also, investing in all 10 seasons of FRIENDS is the best decision I have ever made. Ever.

    ReplyDelete