6.11.2010

nants ingonyama bagithi baba!

if that doesn't sound familiar, maybe this will: naaaaaa sayvenya babaditsi baba! ...no? that's what i always thought it was, at least. and by "it" i mean the opening of "the circle of life." no matter how you sing the intro, though, does not matter. what matters is that you just can't help but love the lion king. and last night, i took my mom to see the broadway production at the orange county performing arts center. if you haven't seen this award winning musical, you need to. even if you don't like musicals. because, like i said, who doesn't like the lion king? trust me, no matter how old you are or whoever you are, you will thoroughly enjoy it. my mom and i definitely did. what's not to love about people in giant elephant costumes trapsing down the aisles? seriously, though. the costumes are incredible. in-cred-ible. the whole thing was, really. so next time it comes to town, go. don't think, just get tickets. you won't regret it. oh, and try and sit on the aisle...

1 comment:

  1. thank you for solving the long time mystery for me of what they sang in the beginning of the Lion King. When I was in Kenya, I asked every driver what it meant...but of course, I never knew what the actual words were.

    ReplyDelete