1.21.2010

welcome!

bienvenidos! willkommen! boa vinda! ...and all that good stuff. this is my brand new baby of a blog. isn't she cute? the last time i made a blog, i lived in orange county, was a sophomore in high school, and had no idea where i would be in five years. not even a clue.
well, four of those five years have gone by and a few things have changed. i now live in san diego, i'm a sophomore in college, and i have a pretty good idea of where my life is headed.

with that said, i'm glad to be back in the blogosphere. but perhaps you're wondering, why the sudden come back? well, let me give you a reason or two as to why i'm here, writing this post, and making this blog:
1. i recently had an encounter with an academic adviser whose job is to, well, advise me. and the advice he had for me was a bit disheartening. when i told him that i didn't write all that often, he told me to change my major. what a downer, right? i'm currently working on a degree in english education, and plan on becoming an english teacher after graduation. in my meeting with mr. adviser-man, he asked me, "so you don't write poetry? or short stories? or even a blog?...we teachers have rather high standards for ourselves, and considering what you've told me, you may want to consider a different path." well, mr.adviser-man, i'm here to prove you wrong. i will be an english teacher someday. and if meeting your "high standards" means blogging once and a while, then blog i shall.
2. being in college, it's a tad difficult to keep in contact with friends and family. between classes and homework and dorm life, things can get a little hectic. amidst the chaos of college, i still want to share my life and experiences with everyone, even if i don't have the time to tell each person everything. so to the people who care about me--about the places i go, the people i meet, the things that i do, and the thoughts that i have--this is for you.
3. this blog is also for me. i can't wait to look back in 10, 20, 30 years and re-experience the experiences and rethink the thoughts that i put on this blog. both the little things, and the big.



so, consider this blog a conversation between you and me, between me and the world. ...let the heart to hardt begin!

2 comments:

  1. 1. Hi, your blog is so cute.
    2. I love that you're blogging again.
    3. I just love you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Susan Reinhardt1/27/10, 7:32 PM

    I am thrilled that you are "blogging", and yes, you will love looking back on the things you wrote and be so glad you have a record of your life events (the ordinary and the extraordinary)!

    ReplyDelete