1.27.2010

hotel, hotel

there's no place like home. especially when you're sick. and after spending one night back at school on monday, this cliche became all the more true to me. it was pretty easy to do the math: being sick + being in the dorms = no fun for anyone. for some reason, when you're constantly coughing and sneezing and blowing your nose, people don't really enjoy your company. or living with you. and at the first mention of the swine flu, i had my hall mates running away in horror (kind of). i didn't enjoy myself all that much either. dorm beds are not the most comfortable things in the world. combine that with the inability to breathe and you don't get much sleep. at least i didn't. when my parents called the next day to check up on me, i told them how horrible i was feeling and how i wish i could go back home. the next thing i know, my dad is getting a hotel room so that i can stop scaring my hall mates and get some r&r, and my mom is coming down to stay in it with me so that she can take care of me. so now we're staying at shelter island, with a beautiful view of the city skyline and coronado island. i got a wonderful night sleep last night. and today was a beautiful day. things are looking up.

here's the hotel
and the beautiful view on the beautiful day
the conclusion: i love my mom and dad. and i love hotels. i also love the girls in my hall. claudia got me some gatorade and chicken soup. tori got me some lovely get-well-soon tulips:
and everyone wished me a quick and speedy recovery. (whether that was for my benefit or theirs is unlcear. just kidding. kind of.) and even though i couldn't come home, little pieces of it came to me. ...in the spirit of hotels and all their greatness, i will leave you with this little ditty. enjoy!


1 comment:

  1. i'm so sorry al :( i hope you get some sleep and some antibodies real quick!

    ReplyDelete