12.14.2010

"that's what i think is love"

“mom, listen, i haven’t been together with topanga for twenty-two years, but we have been together for sixteen. that’s a lot longer than most couples have been together. i mean, when we were born, you told me that we used to take walks in our strollers together around the block. when we were two, we were best friends. i mean, i knew everything about this girl. i knew her favorite color, her favorite food. then we became six, eric made fun of me because it wasn’t cool to have a best friend that was a girl or even know a girl. so for the next seven years i threw dirt at her. i like to call those 'the lost years.' then when i was thirteen, mom, she put me up against my locker and she kissed me. i mean, she gave me my first kiss. she taught me how to dance. she always was talking about these crazy things and i never understood a word she said. all i understood was that she was the girl i sat up every night thinking about, and when i’m with her, i feel happy to be alive. like i can do anything. even talk to you like this. so that’s, that’s what i think is love, mom. when i’m better because she’s here.”

- cory matthews, boy meets world

2 comments:

  1. "You do your thing and I do my thing. You are you and I am I. And, if, in the end, we end up together, it's beautiful." -also from boy meets world. LOVE!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i wish i could "like" this, because i love it. it makes me want to watch boy meets world.

    ReplyDelete