5.14.2010

adieu to the dorms

the past nine months have been so great for so many reasons. but the biggest reason of all, i think, is that i lived in the dorms. now, i have to admit that at first i wasn't entirely thrilled at the thought of being surrounded by 25 girls all day every day, never having any personal space, and all the other "joys" that come with living on campus. i value "me time" more than anyone i know. but after a couple weeks--or maybe it was a couple months (i'm telling you, it took some serious adjusting)--i really began to love it. there are so many memories and good times that i would have missed out on, so much girl talk and laughter that i would have never been a part of had i not lived in the dorms. nease hall, second south, room 210 truely became my home away from home this year, and the girls around me became my family away from family. this room has brought me so much happiness:
that's what it looked like before. but today, i moved out. my once cozy room now looks like a depressingly empty void. here's the after...it's so sad.
i never thought i'd say it, but the fact that i won't be living on campus next year kind of breaks my heart. this was the only year that i will ever haved lived in a dorm, and i feel so blessed to have had such a wonderful experience, that i'm able to look back on the year with fantastically fond memories. i won't ever forget the nine months i spent in that cubby hole of a room with my crazy new mexican of a room mate (love ya ceej) and all my other hall mates. so thanks for all the good times, nease second south room 210. i've had a blast. adieu.

No comments:

Post a Comment